Classic Heartbeat Forums  

Go Back   Classic Heartbeat Forums > Classic 67-72 Chevy/GMC Truck Message Board

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 11:50 AM

mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Good & Bad sheet metal Manufactures ?'s

This question could be for Wes or any body else that has had good or bad luck with replacement panels from different Manufactures, each part for part or panel for panel. This much I have found out that all of the replacement panels are Not the same size (thickness) from one Manufacture to another. So who has the best Fitment & thickness panels. What do you guys & gals use???

Last edited by mjgord51; 07-30-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:23 AM

busterwivell is on a distinguished road
Wish I could help, but I've only used original stuff. I remember seeing a repro tailgate that had been painted and installed, and it bent from people sitting on it!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
Wish I could help, but I've only used original stuff. I remember seeing a repro tailgate that had been painted and installed, and it bent from people sitting on it!
OK thanks, Still waiting for other answers. This is why I ask the question who makes the best parts.

PS; Why cutup a perfectly good truck when you can get replacement parts for it. Cutting up the old trucks only ends up with less of them out there and whats left ONLY makes them more EXPENSIVE which makes no sense to most but it does make sense ($$$$$$$$$$$$) wise to the ones cutting them up. What a CHEEP & CHICKEN $ H ! T way of maken a buck when restoring them back to there glory gets you much more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the end. I can just almost guaranty what we see for sale at Barret Jackson's auction them $70,000 trucks are not like they came off the assembly line, most will have had some kind of "repo-part" used to get them restored. just my .02

Last edited by mjgord51; 07-21-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
This question could be for Wes or any body else that has had good or bad luck with replacement panels from different Manufactures, each part for part or panel for panel. This much I have found out that all of the replacement panels are Not the same size (thickness) from one Manufacture to another. So who has the best Fitment & thickness panels. What do you guys & gals use???
***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***~~***

Still looking for who makes (manufacture) and who sells the best/better thickness for replacement sheet metal or patch panels?????????????????
Come on guys what is your favorite Manufacture?

I'm beginning to think that this site is a GHOST TOWN, I might need to ask this question somewhere else.