Classic Heartbeat Forums  

Go Back   Classic Heartbeat Forums > Custom and Modification Board

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:04 AM

WES is on a distinguished road
New Board!!

Well everyone voted this board in. It is a place that you can post a custom modification to your truck that you have made. Remember we want you to show everyone how you did your modification, so that they can learn from you. Lets make this board a success.... WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
Click Here For our Die Cast For Sale.
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy K-5 Blazer
67 I-6 (Soon to be BB) Panel
"Founder" Classic Heartbeat Pickup Club
Olympia's home for Wayword Chevys
Old 05-02-2005, 03:38 PM

ranman69 is on a distinguished road
Icon5 changing out trannies

We are changing out the tranny in our 67 C10 we are going to put in an automatic, what all is involved with this if someone could please let us know. Thanks

Q T Pie and Ran Man
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM

byronc_10
Send a message via Yahoo to byronc_10
Icon14 from what ??

it should be really no big deal . you need a cross member from a truck with an automatic same vintage (because you will loose the bell housing mounts)
double check your over all length back of block to tail shaft housing the difference will be the amout you will need to change your drive line .
are you coming from a 3 speed or a 4 speed ?????a three speed has a yoke like a automatic and a 4 speed just has a "U" joint that bolts directly to the tranny ,keep in mind the bolts for the fly wheel to the crank shaft are longer than for a flex plate , double check your bolts so they do not hit the block .
keep your drive shaft out side diamiter the same front and rear , good time to replace the carrier bearing too.
remove the bell crank from the frame and the pivot point on the block and e mail me I will buy it from you pull out the steering colume and replace it with and automatic colume also do not forget the dash pot for the carb it you do not put one on every time you stop the engin will stall also the linkage for the shift down will need to be added to the drivers side of the carb last thing either change the radiator to one with a cooler built in or use an after market cooler and I recomend a inline tranny filter they have saved me in the past this should get you close I may have missed somthing
1994 cavalier convertible
Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 AM

ranman69 is on a distinguished road
Icon14

Thanks byronc_10. Of course forget to mention the important parts huh.
its a 4 speed, and we have finally figured it out that its sitting behind a 283. okay guys give me your opinions on what tranny would be good (or what you like to put in your toys. was told to put a 2 speed superglide in. but was also told that, that tranny, should be behind a BB. not a SB. is it all in your preference?
Keep all of your professional knowledge coming. I know by the time we are done with this project you guys will have just as much to do with the final result as we do. Only thing is your giving us info and helping us thru this but we are doing all the work and .....we have to pay for it too. I think job 2 and 3 will be soon coming. That is unless a few of you would like to donate to a good cause. We have a jar sitting on our front porch for any donations.
I will post a pic of our project with all the things we would like to do so if anyone has done any of them they could maybe give us some does and dont's.
Thanks
Q T PIE